Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
Provide global leadership for the Industrial Precision and Machine Tool bearing product lines. The primary objective is to drive profitable growth of the product line in both the OEM and distribution markets through strategy development and execution.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the global cradle-to-grave product strategy and tactics in alignment with market strategy and tactics to ensure long term growth and competitiveness.
The individual assumes the lead role in defining and implementing tactics to achieve targets for sales revenue growth through sales support, new product launches and lifecycle management, pricing strategy, cost and asset management, as defined in the product strategy by working with key functional areas such as (Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Customer Engineering, Finance, R&D).
- Define the strategy to achieve profitable growth via a product plan incorporating:
- Competitive Benchmarking (Product, footprint, cost structure, price analytics)
- Life Cycle analytics
- Footprint strategy (interface with mfg advancement and supply chain)
- Channels to market
- Cross Functional business planning alignment for priority projects
- Define tactics and lead cross-functional execution including:
- New product launch definition, execution, and commercialization
- Growth initiatives related to promotion, inventory, structural cost reduction efforts, etc.
- Participation in business processes requiring product management representation such as OSMI, price changes, business planning, long range forecasting, etc.
- Tactic implementation:
- Project/timeline management
- Management by influence across the organization
Required Functional/Technical Skills
- Strategic thinking
- Exceptional problem solving and decision making skills
- P&L management and planning
- Ability to manage by influence across the organization
- Results based management skills
- Technical training or experience - engineering, etc.
- Project / program management
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (mechanical engineering preferred) and 10 years of relevant experience; or
- Master's degree in Engineering or MBA and 5 years years of relevant experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.