Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor augers is seeking to add to our 400 + associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, a quarterly incentive plan, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
Position Summary: This position exists to lead the Timken Drives engineering team members in application support, new product design, and tooling design and support. The position also provides engineering and technical support to field sales and other internal customers.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide leadership, training, and technical direction to the engineering team, production planning, manufacturing management, quality, and, to some degree, external vendors.
- Primary customer contact for application engineering, new products, new product development, and/or problem-solving.
- Manage engineering projects that require analysis and problem solving in order to meet customer requirements.
- Work closely with Product Engineers to manage technical data, e.g. change control, technical documents, etc.
- Work with Product Engineers to direct new product testing parameters.
- Develop project proposals/quote packages including all necessary justification and supporting documentation for process in support of new product development.
- Liaison between engineering team and manufacturing operations for issues, problems, and/or improvements for existing and new product development.
- Provide internal and external problem-solving and corrective action.
- Select, develop and mentor engineering and related staff through performance management, establishing goal and metric development, and providing feedback.
- Represent Timken Drives to key industry groups.
- Travel to customer sites, support problem solving and plant surveys for new products or existing products.
- Work directly with OEM customer engineers and Timken Sales Engineers to support development of new or improved products.
- Supervision/ Management desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Customer and team focus
- Learning agility
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation
- Desire to work in manufacturing facility
- Solid modeling design experience
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or Agriculture. 5 +years of direct experience. Related Engineering experience desired.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers. Ability to understand complex engineering drawings, specifications and standards and apply them to our products.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.