HD Supply Facilities & Maintenance is looking for an experienced Distribution Operations Manager to lead our Inbound/Receiving teams!
You will directly manage 2 supervisors and 50+ warehouse professionals in our Outbound/Shipping teams. Working under the guidance of the DC Manager, you will be a hands-on leader, identifying process-improvement opportunities, coaching and mentoring the associates for growth opportunities and fulfilling our Gold Standard performance goals. Your efforts will ensure the continued health and growth of HD Supply, Facilities Maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 6+ year's experience in a high-volume distribution operations role.
- 3+ years direct management experience of 2-5 direct reports, 25+ indirect.
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Outbound, pick pack and shipping experience is required.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- SAP or similar warehouse management software experience.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Lead the operation of a Distribution Center in support of company goals. Provide input and feedback on all operations processes and results to DC Manager. Responsible for providing input to DC Manager for departmental strategic and operations planning, financial management, operational reporting and communication, fleet management, departmental process improvement, compliance, and inventory management.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and staff.
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to support operating plan and provide cost justification for departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and implements process improvement action plans within the department. Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes, asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility, equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+ years experience in related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Job ID 2019-33900
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 75028
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.