Air Export Manager
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 88 years, DACHSER has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 29,000 people worldwide in 396 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Air Export Manager to join its New York Office located in Valley Stream, NY.
The Air Export Manager is responsible for managing the Air Export Department and promoting excellence in customer service, while optimizing profitability. In addition, this position provides coaching and leadership to the staff of the department.
Duties of the position include:
- Supervise workforce and mentor the Air Export Department staff.
- Responsible for full compliance with Customs and other government agencies which have functions or duties related to all export activities and administrative laws & regulations.
- Work with the Sales Team to build account bases and file counts, while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
- Work with internal partners to increase and develop our consolidation program.
- Continue to build our Dachser relationship with multiple airlines.
- Review existing business to increase the margin per kilo through improved buying.
- Provide Quality training, while also maintaining a policy of zero defects.
Requirements of the position include:
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- 5 years of experience working in freight forwarding, or a related discipline, with progressive supervisory and/or management responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of Air Export & TSA and IAC regulations and documentation.
- Strong working knowledge of related operations programs.
- Hazmat certification.
- Excellent carrier/vendor negotiation skills.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
To apply, click Apply Now below!
Dachser USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.