If you are interested in joining a stable, fast growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then White Arrow is right for you! We look for individuals who share our passion to succeed and generate results. Be part of a dedicated, innovative and hardworking team.
The Assistant Terminal Manager is responsible for day to day operations of local LTL trucking operation in the Secaucus, NJ area. The successful candidate will be accountable for managing the loading and unloading of truck cargo, drivers' pre-trip inspections, dock maintenance, yard preservation, shop operations, local fleet inventory, equipment maintenance, terminal budgeting and cost analysis. This position is Monday Thru Friday and you must be flexible working weekends and overtime if needed. Compensation is based on Experience.
- General knowledge of transportation and transportation terminal management (trucks, trailers, forklift, reefer units, mechanics, warehouse workers, and outside vendors)
- Ability to drive a forklift and bobtail
- Well organized with close attention to details
- Ability to prioritize based on importance
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lead and motivate employees
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to be on call 24/7
- Bachelor's degree in operations or similar experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the transportation industry
- Minimum 2 years management experience