Under the direction of the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will ensure the timely and efficient coordination of Project Shipments, administration, including contracts, subcontracts, tender processes, contract performance and operations.
The requirements and responsibility of the Project Coordinator shall include but not necessarily be limited to the following;
- Collaborate with other departments within Agility to develop project specific deliverables.
- Overall control and responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the project, Ocean, Air, Road and Rail, plus charters as required.
- Coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure a seamless flow of cargo from the port of arrival / port of dispatch to site.
- To ensure, where required, that client approval is obtained for all transportation and freight expenditure ahead of actual movements in accordance with the pre-set criteria.
- Jointly develop and agree project specific working procedures with stakeholders with a shipping, consolidation and logistics strategy.
- Verify and evaluate the technical suitability of the proposed method of transport in conjunction with our technical specialists at the relevant Control Centres and, identify the Required-On-Site (ROS) date for the material and equipment released for shipment.
- Review, study, and implement an action plan on each Release for Shipment based on the conditions contained therein.
- To attend when requested by the client project progress meetings, or other locations (in conjunction with Agility Project Logistics personnel from the relevant TCC) to discuss forthcoming shipping operations and logistical planning.
- Adherence to Quarantine, QA and HSE matters on the project.
- Manage Shipments within the freight forwarding system, and tracking of freight, maintaining SECT Events and document control.
- Invoicing of shipments in a timely and accurate manner.
- To control and audit project job files.
- Respond to quotations and RFQs on a regular basis, maintaining margin targets.
- Obtain detailed quotations and book Liner and Charter vessels for heavy lift and over dimensional cargo movements.
- Preparation of logistic concepts and operational procedures.
- Claims handling and advice.
- On behalf of the client, negotiate contracts with suitable suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in a Project/Freight Forwarding environment
- Knowledge of Airfreight, Ocean freight and Customs requirements
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good knowledge of projects and contract logistics.
- PC Skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of the importance of Occupational Health and Safety and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Good interpersonal and customer support skills.
- Good communication ability.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible with hours in order to complete tasks.
- High ethical standards. Honest, trustworthy and able to maintain strict confidentiality when required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficiency in the use of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand/eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT: Normal working hours for this position are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY: This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.