Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Senior Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Business Intelligence Analyst, you will proactively pursue opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives related to the prevention of accidents and injuries. You'll support testing and troubleshooting for the systems and databases that capture critical safety data, utilize multiple platforms to conduct in-depth analysis of safety event demographics and inputs for process improvements, and drive the design of new dashboards, reports and scorecards to measure key performance indicators and drivers. You'll also prepare the safety dashboards of key safety metrics for the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) management team and present strategic safety recommendations to management based on data analysis. If you're ready to take your career to the next level with a rapidly growing global company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Utilize multiple platforms to conduct in-depth analyses of safety event demographics and safety inputs to enable data-driven decision making; provide recommendations for continuous improvement of performance metrics to promote a safety culture
- Develop and present strategic recommendations based on data analysis; update senior leaders on findings
- Prepare a weekly and monthly safety dashboard of key metrics for cascading to the business and senior leadership
- Contribute to the support, troubleshooting and testing efforts for the critical safety of IT systems and databases supporting XPO's administrative business processes for accident and injury prevention
- Provide customer service to Safety Team members through ad hoc data analysis with recommendations for continuous improvement
- Collaborate with business process owners to gather, interpret and troubleshoot different pieces of data to improve the technology-enabled critical business processes supporting XPO's safety culture
- Drive the designing and building of new reports, scorecards and dashboards to measure key performance indicators (KPIs) and drivers
- Demonstrate business acumen and utilize research from the LTL industry to create new metrics to positively influence a zero-incident culture
- Facilitate collaborative relationships and teamwork between functional work groups; provide reporting and analytical support to functional groups as needed
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field, or 10 or more years of industry experience in data analytics
- Experience with project management techniques and tools such as Primavera or Microsoft Project
- Experience producing data visualizations and presenting data analysis findings in written or verbal formats
- Proven experience working with R, Python, Java, SSRS, Tableau, D3 or SQL macro formulation
- Demonstrated experience working with complex data sets across multiple lines of business to develop relational databases to drive organizational strategy
- Experience working with Oracle, intranet applications and NetSuite
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio and Access)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision to achieve assigned goals and objectives
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Proven analytical and reporting skills; a clear understanding of data warehouse and business concepts
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.