HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for directing and coordinating daily activities of two or more business operations. Participate in developing and implementing policies and procedures. Prepare financial and/or operational analyses and reports. Audit current procedures to improve efficiency of operations.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Nature and Scope
- Problems are complex and may be defined by higher level leadership. Solutions require high strategic level analysis and investigation.
- Drives strategy and methodology and serves as the subject-matter expert for policies and practices. Decides how to achieve planned results within an organization's plans, policies, and guidelines.
- Manages via multiple layers OR directly supervises a staff of professional individual contributors at the senior or technical advisor level. Directs budgetary responsibility at the enterprise level or for two or more businesses across the enterprise.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 9+ years of experience in a related field, including several years in a management/supervisory capacity.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Ability to lead Regional Distribution Directors across the network of 40+ Distribution Centers.
- Responsible for setting strategic plans for operations metrics improvement as well as talent development across all levels of the distribution network.
Job ID 2019-33645
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.