HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Perform general warehouse operations and support management by acting as first line of assistance for associates. Dependent on volume/size of the facility, may have specialized tasks or have a generalized role working in all departments. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coaches and trains lower level warehouse associates on the proper execution of warehouse duties, ensures policies and procedures are followed.
- Exhibits detailed knowledge of all warehouse roles and is qualified in all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Safely operates forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, and transportation of goods, operate pallet jacks, or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
- Verifies and enters data into the system.
- Maintains condition of work area.
- Stocks product in designated location or locates to pull correct quantities to fulfill customer orders and meet productivity and accuracy goals.
- May also complete tasks such as receiving, returns, inventory, order layout, data entry, and load trucks considering cubic weight, size and characteristics of load.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 18+ months of warehouse experience.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of warehouse operations, products.
- Ability to professionally lead staff by example and handle light supervisory duties. Familiar with training and coaching techniques.
- Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures.
- Ability to think and take constructive action in work-related matters.
Job ID 2019-33342
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30297
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.