This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Do you have experience in freight forwarding?
Are you proficient in Customs Regulations?
Do you like working closely with customers?
We are looking for an:
Duty Drawback Specialist
We are Merit Trade Consulting Services, we work in the transportation industry supporting Freight Forwarders, Exporters, Custom Brokers, Importers, Warehouses, and Duty Drawback. Our goal is to be "The preferred compliance solution for import, export, and domestic service providers." This means is we provide training, compliance, develop systems, and business operational support.
In this role you will be responsible to prepare and audit duty drawback claims, prepare import/export reports, documentation gathering, and data analysis. Your communication skills will be beneficial when working closely with the customer to on board them into our company, prepare and file their Drawback applications, and provide excellent service. Your attention to detail and analytical skills will assist you in your research and prepare responses to CBP inquires, complete audits, and manage the cost and revenue of customers on the Drawback Program.
This position is ideal for you if you:
- Have an Associate Degree or Accounting experience
- Have at least 2 years of freight forwarding experience
- Have at least 3 years' experience in compliance
- Customs Brokerage License, preferred
- Proficient in Custom regulations
- Have expertise in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Are a self-starter who works well independently
- Can prioritize and complete tasks
- Have experience with complex file management
- Are a strong problem solver and analytical thinker
In return you will receive competitive pay.