Logistics done differently.
You are always looking for a better, more efficient way to improve productivity. We are looking for people like you who can effectively incorporate strategies to help people work smarter. Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune Magazine and one of America's best employers by Forbes. As the Field Engineer, you will serve as the lead change agent while administering key strategic process improvements throughout the North American Less-than-Truckload (LTL) facilities. You'll implement assigned projects across multiple districts and regions that obtain millions of dollars in savings through a disciplined framework of operational effectiveness and efficiency. This is an opportunity for you to roll up your sleeves and grow as a professional, ensuring a bright future for yourself and for XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Work directly with district leaders to implement engineered staffing, dock, linehaul and network plans to improve operational performance
- Partner with Learning and Development (L&D), District Operations Managers and Service Center Managers to develop training materials, plans and schedules for frontline employees; implement process improvements on an ongoing basis
- Serve as an active trainer and change agent within the district
- Track and monitor results for needed actions or adjustments across multiple sites
- Act as an accountability advocate within the operations organization in support of the proposed engineering process plans
- Function as a subject matter expert and single point of contact between Engineering and Operations
- Plan and assist with the execution of transformation events and projects targeted toward improving dock and P&D performance
- Collaborate with Engineering and the PMO to design, develop and pilot tools aimed at reducing cost/CWT, damage frequency and empty miles; improve on-time service, load average and overall safety
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a Supply Chain/Logistics-related area
- 3 years of experience in logistics, a related field, internships, Greenfield or transformation projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint)
- Availability to travel constantly within the United States via car or plane
It'd be great if you also have:
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
- Experience in service center operations or LTL freight experience
- Strong project management and analytical skills with a track record of proactively identifying potential issues and formulating solutions and contingency plans
- Self-motivated work style; able to set priorities and work independently; ability to support the development of self and others to achieve full potential
- Results-driven focus with the ability to analyze, prioritize and act in accordance with ethics and values to achieve desired results
- Ability to take innovative ideas and translate them to help teams and frontline employees work smarter; able to understand and determine the financial impact of decisions, as well as effectively communicate value propositions
This job requires the ability to:
- Stand and walk on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled, for several hours at a time
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.