The Area Transportation Product Manager will have responsibility for working with the Regional operations leaders (General Managers, Area Vice Presidents, and Senior Vice Presidents) to ensure operations program compliance for our Transportation Management programs. Transportation Product Managers are responsible for understanding customer requirements, defining the TM solution, pricing and on-going program management. Ownership of the TM Program from initial customer contact (supporting sales) and on-going operations support. The ideal candidate will possess an operations background, technical aptitude for various transportation systems and the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with our Regional Operations Team to maintain and improve the operational effectiveness of the Transportation Management Programs.
- Become the "trusted advisor" to the internal and external customers to meet contractual requirements.
- Work with the customer facing operations team to ensure compliance to internal systems and structures through various audit controls.
- Review Key Process Indicators (KPI's) weekly with the operations team to identify trends or gaps in the process.
- Hold monthly operations performance reviews with the regional leadership team to understand operational trends, financial performance and discuss recommendations to improve service and/or financial position of the account.
- Support the collection of operational requirements to provide continuous improvement to our Project Management Office (PMO).
- Work with extended process owners (Technology and Engineering) to align all parties on operational expectations and performance.
- Other projects as assigned by the manager
- Work with the regional finance and operations team to support the profitability of the regional accounts.
- Support the efforts to continually improve the P L position of the account by making various operational recommendations.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Understand the competitive landscape of the transportation business and align resources to develop a solution.
- Maintain solid understanding of current market conditions and trends to create offers that will increase company margins.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels within the customer's organization.
- Identify, qualify, obtain and develop relationships with prospective customers.
- Collaborate with field staff to develop and implement business plans that improve results year over year.
New Business deals:
- Ensure we have consistent and reliable start-up and operations processes.
- Review New Deal process with key stakeholders, ensuring financial factors are accurate.
- Complete the prospecting and deal sheets.
- Participate in all stages of our operational process starting with the presales stage by evaluating and analyzing all bid packages, to the implementation stage by taking an ownership role in the pricing process, management role in the startup process and an auditor role in monitoring existing business.
- Bachelor's degree in Transportation or related field required. Master 's degree in transportation management or related filed preferred.
- 10 years functional experience with multiple service lines (transportation, warehousing, lead logistics provider, etc.), including the most recent 5 years of experience in Logistics and/or Supply Chain as a Senior Manager required.
- A strong understanding of operations and supporting technology, especially web based applications.
- Knowledge of Transportation Management and systems
- Proven track record in managing multiple customers
- Successful track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to meet & exceed weekly and monthly performance goals.
- Must be able to work with other departments to increase overall productivity for the company.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Skill in the operation of MS Office software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.