The employee will perform mechanical repairs and inspections in a rail road ramp environment, repairs to be performed from a Mobile Service Unit. The employee will perform all types of chassis repairs including brake jobs, welding, cutting with a torch and repairing and replacing parts on the chassis using standard repair tools. Some minor container repairs, patches, door latches and hinges type of work. Repairs will be conducted based on estimates written by an M&R Supervisor and based off of roadability issues.
This position is available for second shift only, which is Monday - Friday from 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm.
- Perform chassis inspections
- Perform container chassis repairs of all types
- Perform light container repairs
- Change tires as necessary
- Maintain Parts Inventory
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Communicate with management on space requirements, backlog of work, inventory issues, etc.
- Work and repair chassis according to TRAC Chassis Pool Repair Guidelines
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to meet TRAC driver's license standards
- Able to pass pre-employment background and drug screening
- At least 2 years of experience in chassis mechanics, usage and customary repair methods
- Some experience with minor container repairs
- At least one year of experience in MIG and/or ARC welding
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Medium ability to use a variety of computer systems (Office and IDCS systems for rail)
- Ability to read and write legibly
- Bilingual is a plus (English/Spanish)
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Ability to review a written plan and execute according to the stated standards
- Ability to work within a process oriented, fast paced team atmosphere
- Must meet minimum FMCSA requirements that are listed in the Special Position Requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workloads and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to work second shift, Monday - Friday from 2:30 pm - 11:00 pm
More About Us
Are you looking for a career with an industry leader? Have big ideas that deserve to be heard? A career at TRAC offers a rewarding opportunity to be part of a growing, evolving and ever-improving organization. TRAC Intermodal is North America's leading intermodal transportation equipment provider and chassis pool manager serving domestic and international shippers. The company's operations include long-term leasing and short-term rentals of chassis. We also provide pool/fleet management services and are a leader in providing chassis solutions to the intermodal industry that are designed to increase supply chain efficiency, control costs and promote safety. Based in Princeton New Jersey, TRAC Intermodal is opening new locations across North America, experiencing impressive growth and embracing change. With the acquisition of Interstar Fleet Services and partnership with StreetTurn's Intermodal Data Hub, we continue to expand our service offerings and create new career opportunities. If you want to work with a company whose people live its values every day, consider a career with TRAC Intermodal.