JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you will be responsible for facilitating the movement of products/equipment/materials out of the country, via ocean or air freight, in accordance with organizational policy and procedure and to comply with relevant local, country and international law and process as well as providing customer service to exporting customers: bookings, rates, document, production, accounting, agent interaction and problem solving.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
- Prepare and coordinate air and ocean cargo for international transport
- Coordinate booking details with trucking companies, airlines, steamship lines and overseas offices
- Prepare and communicate spot quotes to customers for specific shipment requests, manage vendor billing and customer invoicing
- Ensure compliance to all current regulations and policies
- Provide superior customer support, organization and communication in an efficient and professional manner
- High School diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Department of State (ITAR) and Department of Commerce (B(S0 export/import regulations
- Knowledge of all customs laws, practices and procedures
- Prior office environment experience
- Prior customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE ITS BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.