Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
- Setup and Operations - Ability to change-over and run a variety of production equipment including CNC lathe, slotting and grinding, most of which is computer controlled. Expectation is to have the knowledge, skill, and ability to setup and operate 5 machines of varying complexity.
- Gauging - Basic measurement of bearing geometry using state-of-the-art computer controlled gauging equipment as well as digital calipers, micrometers, metallurgical techniques and dial indicators.
- Shop Floor Information - Routine interaction with Visual Management and other information systems employed at the plant, including the interpretation of work queues, process feedback, material replenishment and logging events.
- Quality through Process Control - Use of process control techniques such as SPC, Histograms, Pareto analysis, etc. to understand and make adjustments to the manufacturing process. Emphasis placed on recognition, diagnosis and correction of out-of-control conditions. Will make quality checks to include concentricity, roundness, barreling, and eccentricity. Tolerancing up to and including .0000050. Problem solve to achieve above Tolerancing and quality.
- Zone Control - sound ANDON to signal abnormal condition or problem. Problem solve to correct issue.
- Maintenance - Monitor, clean and inspect equipment to prevent problems before they occur, tied with routine maintenance of equipment and troubleshooting problems of minor to moderate complexity. Perform operator level Preventive Maintenance.
- Material Handling - Movement of work in process to adjacent operations. Complete affiliated administrative flow requirements as needed.
- Customer Focus - Achieve a clear understanding of the customer's (internal and external) technical requirements for each order. Responsible for not allowing non-conforming product or information to be processed further without prior notification.
- Team Participation - Routine involvement with a variety of plant teams focused on continuous improvement. Occasionally serve as facilitator of such teams. Regularly rotate to other machines and assist team members in meeting Team Metrics.
- Training - Continuously develop and upgrade training materials used to train subsequent Process Technicians and occasionally assist in training. Continuous self-development of skills and business knowledge and the exercise of both.
- Safety - daily participation and involvement in individual and team safety responsibilities such as Behavior based Safety, housekeeping practices, chemical labeling, and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Continuous Improvement - Generation and implementation of ideas resulting in quality improvements and cost savings. Cost savings due to reduced labor, reduced process time, reduced consumable spending, etc....
- Good Wages - Good hourly wage plus shift differential for afternoon and night shift.
- Great Benefits - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) savings plan, paid holidays, and vacation.
- Career Opportunities - Timken is a U.S. manufacturing company with over 100 years of doing business.
- Great work environment - Safe, clean, and comfortable.
- Technical or mechanical background
- Proven record of reliable attendance, strong work ethic, and team skills
- Demonstrated strong math and mechanical skills
- Minimum high school or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Work experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in precision grinding and/or assembly
- Strong safety mindset - Daily participation in individual and team safety responsibilities such as the Precautionary Based Safety (PBS) Observations program, good housekeeping practices, proper chemical labeling, and proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Computer skills - Requires daily use of computers; entering production data into SAP manufacturing system, and navigation in our quality management system to locate control plans and various requirements documents
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.