Logistics done differently.
Do you dream of a career with a global company that's going places? Fortune Magazine named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world, and Forbes listed us as one of America's best employers. As the Service Center Manager, you'll be recruiting, selecting, training and supervising employees, while maximizing employee engagement and maintaining clear communication on every level. We believe that a positive work environment creates happy employees, encouraging them to be more dedicated, empowered and productive. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Supervise all employees reporting to the Service Center, including tracking and auditing employees' hours, handling payroll issues and personnel changes, administering corrective action and monitoring the coaching, training and development of your staff
- Plan the daily manpower needs to ensure freight is delivered and picked up in a timely manner
- Provide clear and frequent information to all employees about Service Center productivity and company policies and procedures
- Analyze, monitor and implement all opportunities to cut costs and improve efficiencies; maintain clean and safe working conditions of the facility and equipment
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as all company policies/procedures
- Route proper documentation and oversee procedure control for hazardous material shipments
- Identify opportunities for improvement and execute action plans to increase efficiencies
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree, 4 years of related work experience or equivalent military experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of the Less-than-Truckload (LTL) industry, transportation rules and regulations, OSHA standards, hazardous materials regulations, NMFC and Tariff rules, and company policies and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A valid driver's license
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends; travel as needed
It'd be great if you also have:
- Experience with process improvement and the use of Lean and/or Six Sigma
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work with excellent organizational skills
- Experience in an LTL environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Exceptional leadership, communication and administrative skills
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.