With operations spanning the globe, Lynden International provides complete coverage to most major world markets. We provide air and ocean freight forwarding, expedited ground freight services, customs brokerage, logistics and other specialized services like facility management, charters, reverse logistics and assembly and distribution. We are the proverbial “one-stop shop” for any transportation or shipping need. Lynden has achieved Logistics Management Magazine’s #1 ranking in Airfreight Forwarding for the second year in a row. We are looking for people to contribute to Lynden International’s overall customer experience success by effectively interacting and supporting our customers.
Looking for the person who can build and grow the region and knows how to get the best out of their team. Directs and coordinates general operations and business development of stations within region. Candidate should have knowledge of domestic and international freight forwarding required as well as oversized cargo moves.
- Manages sales and operations activities of regional stations with emphasis on heavy sales management for the oil and gas vertical.
- Direct cartage, linehaul, and airline service arrangements.
- Negotiate service pricing.
- Develop and oversee distribution and consolidation programs.
- Establish cost control processes.
- Determine budgets and manage region's P&L statements.
- Ensures continuous process improvement to increase efficiencies, productivity and the quality of customer service
- Direct stations' Customer Experience processes.
- Ensure company policies are followed in all areas of pricing.
- Sales responsibilities include sales development, sales training, and general account maintenance with a requirement to develop their own sales pipeline for the Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma markets
- Number of subordinates depends on sizes of stations and volumes of business.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a Regional Manager or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must also have a minimum of 10 years in freight forwarding, including domestic and international freight in oil and gas markets. College degree preferred.
- Knowledge of domestic and international freight forwarding required as well as oversized cargo moves.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret tariffs, general business periodicals, professional journals and manuals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to calculate and apply concepts such as dimensionalized weight, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have dependable, safe transportation. Overnight and international traveling required.
- Familiar with MS office and data base programs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain TSA credentials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must have proven leadership skills as leadership to company and contractor personnel is essential to this position
- Primarily works in an office setting with attached warehouse.