Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
You'll help create a competitive advantage for Mondelēz International by building winning supplier partnerships and effectively managing all company resources. Working with the businesses, you and your team will drive sustainable top and bottom-line growth through supplier innovation, best-in-class margin and cash management, and highly efficient source-to-pay processes.
The Associate Buyer works closely with multiple levels within procurement team, production plants and external suppliers/vendors. The Associate Buyer will be responsible for supporting various reporting activities and analysis, continuous improvement initiatives, and other replenishment daily activities. This role will be a part of integral project activities such as coordinating & soliciting cross functional support, managing various information streams and being accountable for analyzing and identifying solutions in support of supply chain related activities. Daily activity will involve immediate tactical execution, analysis, reporting as well as influencing or participation in implementation of longer term process plans. The analyst will be responsible for analyzing individual aspects of the supply chain, clearly outlining standard business processes, facilitating communication between different areas and evaluating practices within the supply chain.
- Lead the Corrugated spend category of $75MM USD. More specifically, prepare and execute for any of the regional bids including negotiations and overall supplier strategy (e.g. productivity,cash, and revenue). On corrugated, being the point of contact for key account managers within the paper packaging supplier organizations, leading the supplier relationship and holding meetings in a regular basis.
- Develop and Lead roll out "Cost Models" for Cartons and Corrugated in NA. Also, support and coordinate global implementation
- Lead global Risk and Compliance agenda - represent at global GPLT level. Identify supply continuity risks and develop mitigation plans
- Lead productivity review for packaging NA including flexible/rigid and paper. It includes VOLT report analysis and communication to wider leadership team.
- Collaborate and align with global Procurement teams in different topics (benchmarking, data gathering, new tools implementation)
- Provide regional market and supplier insights to maximize opportunities -including reporting PNOC on quarterly basis
- Lead in negotiating buying commitments across supplier base to secure optimum prices, quality and service.
- Analyze regional spend data and understand the business needs
- Understand the Procurement and Sourcing functions within the organization in delivering against key metrics
- Conduct day to day business analysis, supporting the supply chain organization
- Work in close collaboration with local Procurement Representatives (LPR's) in order to understand local requirements and identify opportunities of improvement in terms of supply, quality and performance
- Work collaboratively with external/cross functional contacts to ensure supply requirements are being met.
- Dependent on specific project and related portfolio expectations this may include direct linkage to service attainment and coordination of activity to support daily supply execution
- Understanding of planning management system & tools , Warehouse and Transportation Management system for accurate processing ability including invoice Kick-Outs
- Identify all key stakeholders, owners, and resources needed to implement improvement initiatives and work with these contacts to integrate solutions/improvements introduced
- Develop decision support tools and models to analyze the cost/benefit tradeoffs of inventory
- Manage required analytics to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and overall project completion
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Coordinate projects implementation tasks with local Procurement operations and users
- Within the framework of the cross functional sourcing and supplier development teams, closely develop and manage the relationship with internal customers
- Category leads
- ISC leadership team procurement GPLT
- R&D (both leadership team and operational team)
- Material Management
- PCM Suppliers including global and regional
- Interacting with senior management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree Required in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics Preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain, Supply Planning, or Demand Planning areas
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Advanced technical /computer skills - Excel, PowerPoint
- Solid mathematical and statistical knowledge, with a preference for having applied experience in problem solving/projects in a professional environment
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills - ability to analyze ambiguous data, determine key information elements, develop optimal plans, and recommend & execute action plans that weight risks and benefits
- Strong Research analysis and Collaboration Skills
- Strong negotiating skills, Time management & Organization skills
- Manages multiple priorities effectively
- Excels both within a team environment & works with minimal supervision
- Decision quality
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Peer relationships
- Priority Settings
- Identify problem, review option and implement recommendation
- Communication Skills with internal peers and external stakeholders
- Design strategy (build vision)
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.