Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Text CORE to 97211 to apply
Under direction of Territory Sales Manager, the Retail Service Merchandiser (RSM) visits new and existing retail locations to merchandise products sold by Core-Mark New England.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Sets and tags products at new store locations and resets and re-tags existing locations
- Places orders for new store locations
- Delivers product and processes related forms
- Prices selected merchandise
- Prepares credits related to over-stocks and returns
- Places fill-in orders
- Prepares credited items for return to company warehouse
- Confers with customers to maintain customer relations; response to a variety of inquiries and requests related to merchandising operations
- Provides other customer service functions in support of product merchandising/Sales efforts
- Prepares reports and records related to merchandising activities
- Recommends new merchandising strategies to assist new and existing locations meet sales objectives
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Product knowledge is required as is working knowledge of retail store operations
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations
- Ability to work independently within established time tables and respond to changing project priorities
- Must be computer literate to be able to communicate, research, read/understand plano-grams.
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must have excellent communicate skills (both written and oral) to be able to communicate to customers, co-workers and management.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Frequent periods spent driving
- Frequent periods spent in non-office environments including retail and service establishments
- Occasional periods spent outside requiring exposure to weather conditions
- Frequent periods spent standing, walking and bending
- Requires ability to lift, carry and position supplies and equipment utilizing proper body techniques and mechanics. Lifting consistently 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.