A Penske Auto Technician I will diagnose, adjust, and repair automotive, light truck and van series of equipment including, but not limited to the following: Engines (gas and light duty diesel), Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Suspension components, Power steering systems, and Steering gear box (manual and power).
Tue-Sat Afternoon shift
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner while meeting time standards.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, emission systems, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 3 plus years practical maintenance and repair experience with Automobiles, Light Trucks, and Vans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials) as defined as "heavy-line" type work.
- 608/609 certifications
- A valid Driver's license
- Advanced LASD computer system skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Able to use and operate any and all diagnostic computers and equipment required by the vehicles operating within the district.
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district and work at any station or shop within the district if required.
- Completion of on-line OEM training courses for vehicle makes and models operated by L. A. Sheriff's Department.
- Master Tech ASE certification to include brake certification (A-4) and Headlight adjustors certification
- Have required tools to perform all maintenance and repair work as required by the vehicles operating within the district
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.