Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
The Sourcing Manager works in cooperation with the global and Regional Spend Area teams to support the development and execution of sourcing practices for Consumer Insights & Analytics. The key activities include interaction with cross functional stakeholders to manage spend and market analytics, generating insights from bid events, preparing supplier negotiation materials, supporting project execution and supplier relationship management, and driving controls and compliance. Sourcing Managers act as a point of interaction between the global or Regional Spend Area teams and the global and Regional Sourcing Analyst Pool.
This position is an integral part of the Global Marketing & Sales spend area team and has direct responsibility for Consumer Insights spend in N America ($MM 52.3 annual spend), and additionally acts as dotted line manager for the Sourcing Specialist with responsibility for Consumer Insight spend in LATAM ($MM 13.6 annual spend). Consumer insights & analytics is a fast evolving area, reaching into new practices such as "social listening" and "demand spaces" in addition to the more traditional market research and syndicated data areas.
- Collaborate with the Senior Manager, Global Sourcing, Insights & Analytics (the Spend Area Manager) with strategic planning and the execution of sourcing practices
- Define requirements and templates for analytics and market intelligence support from the Sourcing Analyst Pool.
- Support the continous improvement and standardization of the strategic sourcing processes.
- Analyze spend baseline, Spend Area profile, and market insights to support development of Spend Area and supplier strategies.
- Support the development of Go-To-Market and negotiation strategies in alignment with the Spend Area Manager and ensure proper documentation thereof.
- Coordinate with off-shore Sourcing Analyst Pool to provide support on sourcing events (e.g. bid event preparation, supplier communication package, negotiation decks).
- Perform supplier analysis including supplier screening, financials and capability assessments to support supplier selection process.
- Execute end-to-end sourcing projects for local (NA Region) Spend Areas in alignment with the Spend Area Manager
- Manage the Procurement strategy implementation or sourcing execution for local Spend Areas.
- Perform supplier selection and fact-based negotiations, validated by the Spend Area Manager.
- Provide support to regions and countries on a case-by-case basis to offset local or regional skills gaps (bring specific Spend Area or technical knowledge to key stakeholder meetings and negotiations).
- Develop Spend Area specific toolkits (i.e. excellence toolkits) and train Regional Spend Area Managers in adequate execution thereof.
- Build up knowledge repository and encourage active enhancement by Regional Spend Area Managers based on local experience
- As dotted line manager for the Sourcing Specialist (LATAM Region), provide spend area leadership to this role
- Act as first line escalation for the Sourcing Specialist (LATAM Region).
- Support the Sourcing Specialist in performing supplier selection and fact-based negotiations, validated by the Spend Area Manager.
- Bring specific Spend Area or technical knowledge to key stakeholder meetings and negotiations in the LATAM Region.
- Assist and drive stakeholder alignment
- Support the Spend Area Manager in the identification of the stakeholders in the initiation of the strategy development and sourcing execution projects.
- Actively engage with stakeholders as defined in alignment with the Spend Area Manager throughout the strategy development and sourcing execution process.
- Ensure that the input from the stakeholder is considered in the process.
- Prepare the stage gate documentation.
- Coordinate operational interfacing and interactions
- Interface between the global Procurement organization and the product development, planning and supply teams in the regions or countries in alignment with the global Spend Area Manager and the Regional Spend Area Manager.
- Provide insights on Procurement analytics and data to support the new product development cycle.
- Escalate issues to the Spend Area Manager or Spend Area Director.
- Assist in supplier relationship
- Drive supplier performance by lifting and shifting best practices from one region to another region.
- Coordinate with Regional Procurement Center (RPC) and other Regional stakeholders to obtain feedback on supplier performance related to service, quality and delivery to help build insights for supplier relationship management (SRM) program.
- Monitor, control and report KPI's for the assigned Spend Area.
- Support margin agenda and days payable outstanding for the global sub spend areas
- Active support and contribution to margin management and cash flow meetings.
- Productivity and Payment Terms recording and tracking.
- Support proactive organization sessions with internal customers to identify further Total Cost of Ownership reduction opportunities for Spend Areas.
- Appropriate University Bachelor's Degree
- Recognized qualification in Procurement (preferred)
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Project Management and Communication
- Relationship Management
- Systems, Tools and Processes
- Minimum 3-year of experience in Procurement
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Good Company
- Marketing / Insights & Analytics procurement experience (preferred)
- Fluent spoken / written English
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.