Location: Philadelphia, PA (PHL)
Reporting To: Branch Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Brokerage Manager is responsible for leading the Brokerage Group for both Air and Ocean while ensuring operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of non-exempt staff ensuring timely and accurate processing of documentation, customs brokerage and transportation.
- Exercises the authority to hire, discipline, reward or discharge employees
- Exception Handling
- Communication to Branch/Overseas
- Adhering to proper Routing of Shipments
- Updates and verifies Tariffs and Rates in CONTROL
- Update Customer ID/Monitor Credit
- Paper Documentation
- Responsible for ensuring System Updates by staff
- SECT tracking schedule
- Job Notes, Reason Codes
- Responsible for ensuring that Departure Confirmations with Carriers are executed by staff
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment on a regular basis to direct documentation agents to achieve service center goals
- Responsible for ensuring highest quality and accuracy of document processing
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and customer retention by implementing effective service capabilities
- Responsible for adherence to U.S. customs, TSA, and all other government agencies
- Responsible for general compliance with all trading countries/partners (Rules & Documentation)
- Responsible for staff training
- Responsible for conducting brokerage audits
- Ensures that information between customer service, document processing group, and customers flows efficiently and accurately
- Evaluates staff performance on a regular basis
- Holds regular meetings with staff to discuss problems, issues, ideas for improvement
- Responsible for continuous improvement of service processes to drive gains in quality and productivity
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- 5+ years in freight forwarding industry required
- Experience in using metrics to manage staff
- Expert knowledge with import/export operations highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Licensed Customs broker highly preferred
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to effectively manage other individuals
- Ability to train, set priorities, and instruct others on how to perform tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, working beyond these hours may often be required. This position is referred to as a full-time exempt position with department Supervisory responsibilities. This role is located in an office environment. For full-time exempt employees, the work schedule is typically 40 hours per work week if the number of hours necessary to complete an assignment exceeds 40 hours during the workweek, the employee is expected to work a reasonable number of additional hours as part of the job requirements.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.