2nd Shift, Monday - Friday, 4:00pm -12:30am
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our skilled team of mechanics is the driving force that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. As the Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining tractors and trailers, and performing necessary repairs while adhering to company standards and safety policies. This role is critical to providing our drivers with safe and reliable equipment, which ensures they can deliver superior service to our customers. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you build a rewarding career.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Ensure all facilities and equipment are properly maintained and in good, safe working order
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance in a timely manner with adequate recordkeeping
- Manage and keep a supply of spare parts inventory
- Make sure that equipment is started properly at the beginning of the shift
- Maintain equipment in running order with minimal downtime
- Locate sources of problems by observing and listening to mechanical devices in operation; diagnose and make repairs as needed
- Maintain documentation of the performance of preventive maintenance, equipment repair, part usages and other projects
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent, and specialized vocational training
- 3 years of experience as a multi-craft technician
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical systems, including drives, motors, bearings, conveyors, PLCs and HVAC systems
- Ability to read simple electrical, mechanical and pneumatic drawings
- Experience with Microsoft Office
It'd be great if you also have:
- Associate or bachelor's degree
- Certifications in various fields such as conveyors and other technical areas
- Active Journeyman license
This job requires the ability to:
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of trailers
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.