***Afternoon/Night Shift Position/ Weekends required***
Employees in this position audit outbound selector pallets for quality and accuracy. This ensures that product reaches our stores in good condition and is correct.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to randomly select pallets for audit as this is not computer generated.
- Responsible to audit at least 10% of all pallets per month.
- If pallet is large auditor will use an electric pallet jack to move the pallet to a designated safe zone for audit.
- If small enough to be done quickly it will be done in place.
- Use scanner to ascertain items and quantities that should be on pallet and match items to check for accuracy, damage, that labels are facing out, and that correct stacking methods were used. Coordinate with Dock Supervisor and / or order selector to make corrections to pallets.
- Auditor will correct where selector is not available.
- Fill out an error worksheet for any corrections that must be made to be used for possible disciplinary action. Help conduct audit of one full load per shift.
- Place sticker after audit is complete with the time, date and Operator ID of the Auditor.
- At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
- Must have knowledge of computers and ability to learn WIN and other internal systems
- Must obtain and be able to use handheld computer/scanners constantly.
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack.
- Must be able to successfully communicate with order selectors, loaders and supervisors.
- Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
- Flexible to work overtime preferred
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.