Canada - AB - Exshaw
The plant manager is responsible for ensuring the highest standards are achieved and sustained at their assigned facility in terms of safety, environment, quality, personnel, efficiency, product availability and cost.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and contribute to our goal of a behavior based safety culture.
- Ensure plant compliance with all internal and external health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Work with your team, the regional operations director, and the regional operations controller to develop and implement the operating cost and capital plan.
- Work with and manage the quarry load and haul contractor.
- Continue development of a team-based approach to problem solving, including self-directed work groups at the plant, as well participation in cross-functional teams across all Graymont functions.
- Sustain the principles taught in IOP.
- Work with employees to continue developing innovative initiatives to improve operational performance.
- Maintain effective relationships with employees, local communities, all regulatory agencies, local elected officials, suppliers, customers and Graymont functional staff.
- Ensure the workforce is effectively developed, deployed and managed.
- Maintain the company's assets and resources to ensure maximum long term value and productivity.
- Implement Strategic Blue Print, Strategic Framework, and corporate initiatives, ensuring objectives are clearly communicated, understood and integrated into plant strategies.
- Contribute to the success of the Graymont Lime Group by sharing information and applying internal best practices.
- Perform "on call" duties on rotation with the supervision team.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture while managing multiple functions within a plant environment.
- Successful history of plant or functional management.
- Applicable college degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Successfully led a change management program. i.e. automation and controls upgrades
- Plant operations experience (production, maintenance, quality, safety, environmental compliance).
- Experience managing a union work force and contractor services.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), well organized, able to process large amounts of complex information.
- Proven teambuilding and leadership skills.
- Able to motivate, coach and develop people in alignment with Graymont's Vision and Values.
- Effective troubleshooting and decision making skills.
- Strong financial management skills (analysis, budgeting, planning, etc.).
- Computer literate.