Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The pricing analyst role requires advanced analytical, critical thinking and strategic thinking skills, with a solid understanding of the Bearing markets and products. This position will require market price intelligence in order to develop quotes and will work with Sales, Market and product managers to develop the best price to win business. This position will explore true market price opportunities by analyzing price levels accordingly in order to make recommendations. This position is leveraged globally as expert for the products within the assigned front end(s).
- Ability to analyze large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data, and distill it into actionable insights and relevant takeaways
- Drive price optimization and price setting
- Download and organize baseline price information, analyze and report on inconsistencies, and identify opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through price strategies
- Analyze market dynamics, pricing trends, and market opportunities
- Work with market and product management to develop and implement product price strategies
- Perform analysis of existing transactional level data to identify price/margin erosion and assist sales and product/market management teams in constructing and implementing solutions
- Ensure timely processing of quotes or contract reviews to meet customer request dates
- Provide quotations to the sales teams with appropriate and clear language
- Drive continuous improvement activities
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Strong computer skills -proficient in MS applications - excel, word, PPT, etc.
- Excellent communication skills for interactions with marketing, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain
- Financial knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills required
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or similiar with 2 years post qualification experience in a related analytical role with product management preferred, OR a master's Degree in Business or Finance.
- Level of role will be dependent upon years/level of experience and education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.