The Data Warehouse Systems Analyst (ETL Systems Analyst) will be responsible to lead analytical efforts associated with multiple projects for the development and implementation of the data warehouse that supports the enterprise's BI initiatives. They lead projects through the full system development life cycle and provide project management. They lead development and help junior developers with design, development, and troubleshooting problems. This person will be expected to have a solid understanding of the company's data model and the ability to design solutions and processes which combine disparate data into meaningful reporting and analysis that can be easily understood by customers and internal audiences. This person must have the ability to understand complex data relationships and business requirements and formulate efficient and reliable solutions to difficult problems. This person should have experience in end to end design, development and implementation of Data Warehouse starting from requirements to the end user reports and analytics. This position must have a very strong communication and analytical skills and also ability to work with developers, DBAs, Business and Architect. Very strong in design and implementation of star schema modeling.
• Work side by side with business owners to define and understand business requirements related to changes and enhancements of existing enterprise data warehouse.
• Understand company's transactional system, data sources and identify the gaps in business processes and data accuracy in early life cycle of the project.
• Gather requirements and lead the design and development effort including project management.
• Should be able to involve in data modeling based on Dimensional Fact Model (DFM) principle
• Involved in managing the design of the company's data extraction, staging and loading to data warehouse processes to ensure that data is as consistent, clean and accurate as possible
• Involved in the technical aspects of customer requirements analysis, understand technical specification for completeness, and should be able involve in any phase of the project.
• Develop technical documentation, including requirements documents, process overviews, data models, data flow.
• Should be involved in Cloud, ETL, PL/SQL, UNIX development and implementation wherever required
• Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8 years of industry experience with the development and implementation of enterprise-level data warehousing and supporting business intelligence initiatives, particularly focused Star Schema Data Modeling
• Broad expertise spanning various technologies, business process integration, enterprise data warehousing and advanced analytics. Preferred experience in moving data between S3, Greenplum and other traditional databases
• 7 years of solutions design experience
• 7 years of experience designing, developing and implementing large scale data warehousing initiatives
• 7 years of experience understanding complex data warehousing performance management.
• 7 years of strong experience in any industry standard ETL tools. Preferred experience in SAP BODS,Talend
• Experience with Data Modeling tools like Erwin is preferred.
• 7 years of experience with database programming and design, including mastery of complex report queries and SQL optimization
• 7 years of experience with enterprise-class RDBMS, preferably Oracle
• 3 - 5 years of project management experience, including managing multiple large scale projects simultaneously
• Strong grasp of advanced SQL writing and query tuning/optimization
• Working knowledge of systems development lifecycle standards and procedures required
• Green Belt, Black Belt, or understanding of Lean Six Sigma Design Methodology preferred
• Understands business process analysis and how to apply technology to support the business process
• Strong written / oral communication, consultative, and organizational skills
• Ability to self-manage and multi-task on multiple projects
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.