Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Purpose of Role
The Plant Manager is responsible for a manufacturing environment that produces over 130 million pounds of product each year. The Plant Manager has full P&L responsibility and is responsible for delivering to the bottom line. In order to achieve required production volume in compliance with quality standards and in accordance with the KPIs, the Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring a strong safety, quality, and internal controls culture while satisfying internal & external customer needs. This role provides input and implements the integrated supply chain strategy and manages the plant to ensure availability of adequate resources (e.g., materials, equipment, employees) to produce the planned and budgeted volume (tons/annum) of products to be delivered on time, and at lowest costs, within the required Mondelēz quality and safety standards. This role leads, motivates, and is responsible for building a team in a collaborative environment, by conveying and driving a compelling vision focused on lean integrated six sigma methodologies with High Performance Work Systems. The expectation is a results driven culture focused on eradicating loss.
Safety - set the expectation for the site and the Safety team to:
1. Drive safety as a core value. Continuously develop and improve work processes to achieve and sustain a zero (0) safety incidents environment
2. Assume responsibility for the health and safety of all employees
3. Ensures that all employees and 3rd party contractors working on site follow all local, state and federal health and safety rules and regulations including EPA and OSHA
Quality - set the expectation for the site and the Quality team to:
1. Ensure that all manufactured products are compliant with up to date product specifications.
2. Ensure that quality system is in place, that it complies with Company Quality Policies (QPs), is being regularly monitored and updated.
3. Owns consumer complaints management process. Ensures that consumer complaints are timely investigated and respective corrective actions are identified and executed
1. Manage the efforts of core teams of multiple lines and plant support teams across multiple shifts in the efficient conversion of materials into quality products in a safe, secure and sanitary manner within the product design specifications and budgets. Directly and indirectly manage a cross-functional team in the overall operation
2. Support projects implementation in the Bakery.
1. Own conversion cost of the Plant.
2. Ensure that all the elements of conversion cost (Lines outputs and efficiencies, manning, overtimes, waste, energy, indirect and other variable costs, all fixed costs) are clear and transparent, properly budgeted, actuals are regularly tracked and all variances are explained and mitigated
3. Create a strong continuous productivity pipeline to deliver annual productivity targets
4. Ensures that loss elimination processes are defined and zero loss mentality is implemented as a fundamental
5. Ensure all internal controls are in place and governed
1. Lead Plant Leadership pillar and High Performing Work Streams (HPWS) transformation agenda
2. Build effective Plant team
3. Interpret and implement the Union contract as it relates to the Bargaining Unit employees. Represent the plant when interacting with union leadership