- Melrose Park, IL -
Our Full Time Benefits Include:
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available.
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance.
- Health Care Spending Account.
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do.
Call Recruiting at (888) 980-5077
This position will direct and coordinate activities of the maintenance department to obtain optimum use of equipment, facilities and personnel. Responsibilities include schedule training of employees, planning, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the records management of all equipment
- Maintain warranties, PM schedule and repair records
- Oversee the ordering of parts & maintain parts inventory
- Manage the repair & maintenance of customers equipment
- Assist in maintaining safety & health policies.
- Maintain shop manuals, catalogues & bulletins
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment in the shop
- Recommend equipment purchases & sales based on maintenance records & utilization
- Participate in hiring & termination of service & repair staff
- Handle labor grievances
- Train new mechanics/technicians
- Meet with members of management to discuss policies, problems & provide recommendations for improvement
- Report all injuries and safety violations to the Corporate Safety Manager
- Ensure that the service department performs with a positive attitude and a sense of urgency that exceeds customer expectations
- Inspect equipment to ensure they are being maintained properly
- Review Mechanics' work orders for accuracy and completeness
- A two-year college degree, a vocational school certificate -OR- 5 years' experience in mechanics
- Must have experience with computers including but not limited to: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel & Word
- Must be familiar with automated Maintenance systems
- Must have knowledge of diesel engines & hydraulic systems
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance
- Must maintain a valid driver's license with good driving record
- Must be proficient in the English language to communicate verbally and in writing
- Must pass company background and drug screen
Our Excellent Benefits include:
- Excellent health benefits
- Retirement including match
- Profit Sharing
- Disability/Life Insurance
Call Recruiting at (888) 980-5077
Or apply online below.
Transervice provides fair rewards and real career advancement potential.
Building long-term relationships is the foundation of our success at Transervice Logistics, Inc. This approach has made us the trusted choice of renowned brands throughout North America for half a century, extending from our client base to our talented team members. With more than 120 locations, our rapidly growing, service-oriented company has earned the reputation as a top organization because we focus on building strong, long-term relationships with our customers and our valued employees, who appreciate our commitment to excellence in logistics. If you're one of us, enjoy the career advantages you deserve.