Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Re-stack, organize, marry and palletize products in preparation for loading trailers
- Operate power jacks and forklifts to maneuver products to load trailers.
- Inspect product packaging for transport.
- Apply knowledge of truck weight distribution and capabilities to plan, organize and efficiently load trailers.
- Handle manual wrap wand to wrap pallets prior to loading.
- Perform pre-trip safety check on all equipment.
- Manually record loads onto schematic.
- Follow temperature sensitive protocols when transporting and loading product and prioritizing work flow.
- Secure shipments using load bars, straps and bulkheads.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect inside of trailer for damage.
- Remove debris and sweep inside trailer.
- Maintain clean work environment which may include picking up trash or cleaning spills.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill Core-Marks objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The employee must have proficient knowledge of English and basic math skills. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Experience as a certified powered industrial truck (PIT) operator is preferred. Employee must be able to be certified for PIT operation by Core-Mark
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment is indoors. The employee may be exposed to variable temperatures from the three different product climates (dry, cold, freezer). The floors may be concrete in the warehouse areas. The employee may be exposed to exhaust fumes from trucks when working in colder climates as the trucks may need to be running during the loading process.