Logistics done differently.
Are you looking for the next step in building your career? If you're up to the challenge of working for a global company and ready to deliver the big deals, there's only one place that's growing fast enough to keep up with your ambition: XPO Logistics. Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, XPO is among the most admired companies in the world according to Fortune Magazine. As the Director of Sales, you will lead a team of account executives, handle pipeline accounts, increase XPO's market share, achieve revenue and volume growth goals, and excel at performance management. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive program.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Perform as the sales leader in an assigned district, represent upper management and communicate direction to the National Account Executives
- Grow revenue and profit for all assigned accounts within the Third-Party Logistics (3PL) vertical
- Directly supervise account executives, including hiring employees, delivering performance reviews, handling disciplinary issues and making termination recommendations
- Understand the industrial makeup and business activity within your geographic area; maintain current knowledge of the competition and their locations, scope of service, pricing actions and competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Utilize reporting tools provided though Salesforce.com, Business Intelligence (BI), etc., to monitor progress, analyze trends and revenue, and develop corrective strategies to achieve company goals
- Train, teach, coach and mentor new account executives with tailored development plans; retain experienced and effective account executives; develop individual territory goals and quotas for each member of the team
- Develop and maintain multilevel customer relationships to uncover specific needs and behaviors of key decision makers, including targeted entertainment planning appropriate to revenue volume, potential, profitability and the buyer behavior of each customer account
- Develop and maintain rapport with Service Center personnel and District General Manager to ensure a strong line of communication; collaborate with-District General Manager on goals, customer concerns and client strategies
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 6 years of sales experience
- Proven success in meeting sales goals in previous roles, with a strong desire to win
- Sales management experience in a supervisory or management role
- Experience in transportation industry sales
- Ability to understand competitor strategies, products and pricing patterns
- A valid driver's license
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent skills and/or work experience
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills; ability to actively listen and respond to questions with complete and accurate answers
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.