Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The primary role of the HR Analyst is to perform all levels of human resource generalist function as well as select EH&S activities for the Schulz business. The HR Analyst reports directly to the HR Manager Power Systems and supports the HR business plan by participating in associate relations & advocacy, talent acquisition and hiring, orientation/training as needed, compensation administration, hourly talent/performance management, safety administration, and workers' compensation management. The HR Analyst functions with a high level of professionalism, customer orientation, and confidentiality. Other responsibilities include participating in organizational/cultural/policy development initiatives, having knowledge of benefits/total rewards, as well as participating in continuous improvement projects within the HR organization and possibly other departments.
- Responsible for all aspects of recruitment and onboarding for talent into the organization, providing a positive candidate experience during internal and external recruiting efforts. This includes conducting interviews and pre-hire screening of applicants, and supporting talent diversity strategy to ensure EEOC compliance.
- HR Systems (MySuccess/SuccessFactors) expert and data management administrator. Process HR related transactions along with responsibility for HR reporting. This reporting includes but is not limited to: headcount, turnover, applicants, new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Represent management in daily interactions with employees at all levels across the three locations and businesses. Provide effective communication with all levels.
- Includes oversight of annual performance reviews, including systems collaboration for best review template, oversight to keep pay managers on schedule. Other duties include compensation structure, including development, pay grade matters, engaging with area/association employers on surveys to assure rates are competitive enough locally to attract and retain top talent.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures by maintaining current knowledge of employment law, best practices and sharing knowledge amongst team members.
- Responsible for all aspects of benefits, including STD and FMLA, and retirement administration. This includes but is not limited to benefits communications, assisting associates with benefits enrollment, family status changes and providing general support with benefits/retirement questions/concerns. Acts as associate liaison to the Corporate Benefits team.
- Supports the development and implementation of the performance management process for the hourly and salaried workforce. Facilitates, trains, and coaches shop floor supervisors and managers on management responsibilities and related tasks and duties.
- Supports training strategy to provide and maintain a suitably skilled and well-motivated hourly workforce.
- Performs other HR related duties as required and assigned.
- Serves as a liaison between business, division and corporate EHS.
- Implements various EHS programs
- Evaluates & audits internal EHS programs and develop action plans.
- Ensure regulatory compliance in regards to EHS
- Conducts & participates in investigations into non-conformances, accidents, spills and other incidents. Ensures documentation and follow-up of recommended control actions.
- Reports all reportable accidents and monitor the claims management process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related field with 4+ years of experience.
- Previous HR Analyst or Generalist Experience.
- Previous EHS experience is a plus.
- Organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Customer service oriented.
- Experience and ability using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.