- Data Entry
- Troubleshooting various types of problems - Handling irregularities and prevent reoccurrence
- Providing excellent customer service
- Responding to all inquiries in a timely manner
- Generating timing and performance reports as necessary
- Generating all required export documentation, i.e.: airway bills, bill of lading, HAWB, MAWB, invoices, packing lists
- Receiving required requisitions from customers
- Requesting and reviewing required documentation from vendors
- Staying in touch with vendors for follow up of delivery
- Coordinating with other departments for shipping/packing
- Printing all necessary documents
- Providing warehouse with loading docs
- Communicating with customer service group for any requirements or exceptions found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt
- Contacting customers with exceptions to advise shipment status or to obtain shipment information in a professional manner
- Assisting with the day-to-day operations of the export department to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Ensuring that files contain all necessary document copies in proper sequence
- Ensuring the highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipment accurately
- Other duties as assigned by management
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, overtime may often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-managing and proactive
- Detail oriented
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus