This position is responsible for the overall direction, monitoring execution, completion, and budget of a project. This individual will be responsible for the project planning and to coordinate all project activities to ensure that the goals or objectives of a project are accomplished on schedule, within budget, and with quality results that meet or exceed the customer expectation. The project activities will include but are not limited to requirements definition, solution design, quality assurance testing, solution implementation, issue and risk management, managing effective relationships with the customer, IT and third-party vendors and project closure. This position requires the management of multiple minor to major enterprise projects or teams simultaneously while coordinating resources across the company and third-party vendors to effectively deliver the solution. This position will be the liaison between the customer and IT when delivering the solution.
- Manage multiple Minor and Major project simultaneously starting from Initiation through Plan, Execution and Close.
-Develop and maintain a project plan, which includes the project requirements, technical solution, resource plan, work plan, and estimated project duration/effort.
- Monitor all project activity, budget and resources to ensure the project remains on schedule, within budget, and that no rework will be required.
- Effectively communicate the project status, scope changes, issues and risks to the Executive Sponsor, Project Sponsor, IT Manager and all project participants.
- Understand, support, apply, and maintain the Penske Project Management Methodology, documentation and tools.
- Provide training and mentor both IT and business associates on the Penske Project Management methodology and tools.
- Identify process improvement opportunities that will eliminate defective processes and introduce better control inputs and changes.
-Facilitate cross-functional and multi-process improvement teams to address process improvement opportunities.
-Use quality tools to measure improvement implementations.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- 3-7 years of proven project management experience involving application development, infrastructure implementations and process improvement initiatives.
- 1-2 years of company experience.
- Project Management Certification or formal project management training-Preferred
- Formal training or knowledge on the Software Development Lifecycle or Application Development
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification-Preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree-Business Administration or Computer Science-Preferred
- Excellent Project Management Skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Effective Time Management/Organizational Skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills - internally, externally, and at all levels
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Relationship Builder/Team Player; foster a team environment
- Excellent Facilitation and Presentation Skills
- Research, Problem Analysis and Solving Skills
- Excellent Initiative/Drive/Self-Motivation
- Leadership Skills
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma quality tools
- Computer skills: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.