Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: New Bearing Assembly Technician
Description: Setup and operate assembly equipment and manually install components to produce bearings. Apply labeling and package product in accordance with customer requirements. Verify product conformance through visual and dimensional inspection using measurement instruments such as dial indicators, go/no-go gauges and poka-yoke devices. Maintain equipment and work stations through daily preventative maintenance activities.
Overall Purpose: Assemble new bearings in a safe manner, complaint with all requirements, while achieving delivery and productivity performance expectations.
- Perform assembly processes including component installation and the setup and operation of assembly equipment.
- Apply labeling and package product in accordance with customer requirements.
- Inspect manufactured components for conformance to specifications using bench gauging as well as built-in equipment gauging.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including machine setup and operation, process verification, gauge setup, product inspection, documentation, material handling, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to prevent equipment downtime.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects and other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Frequency:
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive or short-cycle work
- Frequent lifting, reaching, and handling
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Limited climbing on step stools or platforms.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Vision must be normal (20/20).Correctional lenses are acceptable.
Qualifications/Training: Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in math and reading; good written and verbal communication skills; and strong problem solving skills. Candidates shall successfully complete training program and applicable qualification requirements. New hires shall demonstrate satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period. Certification required to progress through various Assembly Tech levels.
Environmental Conditions: Loud machining environment, exposure metals, lubricants and chemicals, seasonal cold/heat.
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices: Safety glasses, safety gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.