Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is directly accountable for creating a competitive advantage through the development and management of a supply base that provides: quality products that meet / exceed specifications, on-time delivery, the shortest possible lead-times, supplier responsiveness, innovation at the lowest total cost. This includes overall management and accountability for supplier performance.
- Manage the flow of components to our manufacturing facilitates and/or subcontractors
- Manage Supplier OTD performance and correct as needed
- Participate in the selection and implementation of new suppliers and part numbers
- Develop and manage reliable, effective and efficient supply chains through leadership of cross-functional souring and supply management efforts for materials.
- Manage commercial agreements that address all business needs (capacity, quality, delivery, lead-time, cost, etc.)
- Develop and manage relationships with suppliers - inclusive of travel / site visits
- Monitor and manage supplier performance - hold suppliers accountable to commitments and contractual performance agreements
- Drive CI improvement in the areas of cost, quality service and innovation.
- Support the business with all general supplier issues.
- On the ground face to face resource for on-site discussions / direction setting
- Interface with the Supply Assurance group located in the consuming region (i.e. NA, Europe, China, etc.)
- Previous procurement experience in a manufacturing supply chain environment
- Knowledge of bearing component production processes
- Excel skills
- Analytical problem solving capability
- Excellent Team skills
- High level of communication skills
- SAP knowledge/understanding
- Negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or similar with 4 years of related experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.