JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you will be responsible for processing import shipments adhering to JAS' internal policies and procedures and provide services that meet or exceed our customer's requirements. An import specialist is also responsible for complying with applicable laws and regulations.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Process import shipments according to JAS' documented policies and procedures
- Provide customer service and information to internal and external customers, through multiple mediums, in an ethical and professional manner
- Perform accounting functions including client invoicing and recording cost information according to established procedures and customer specific SOPs (Standard Operation Procedure)
- Perform tasks and capture information in JAS' systems according to established internal standards (KPIs – Key Performance Indicators)
- Other duties as requested
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 3 years' experience in imports or combination of education and expertise preferred
- Experience and knowledge regarding import entry procedures, compliance, rules and regulations preferred
- Knowledge of First Port of Arrival (FPOA) entry processes is preferred
- FDA experience preferred
- Knowledge of Importer Security Filing (ISF) preferred
- Good working knowledge of OGA transactions preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of freight forwarding practices, terminology, and procedures preferred
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.