Develops a thorough understanding of clients' shipping requirements and patterns. Demonstrates sound customer service and data entry skills to support growth within current position. Gains job related regulatory knowledge of current position.
Reviews and processes day to day operations, evaluates and recommends equipment needs. Plans and schedules appropriate service line for situation (ground, expedited, air, ocean, etc.) to maintain an effective balance between customer service and shipment costs. Handle the day to day operations of customs formalities that comply with the current U.S. Regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter transportation data from a regulatory and tracking perspective.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments. Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Prepare all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by Customer Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations.
- Oversee and complete accurate billing to clients based on established pricing, while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
- Oversee the pick-up and transfer of shipments with appropriate partners.
- Establish and maintain all necessary procedures to assure a clean, properly organized, safe and healthy environment for all personnel.
- Establish knowledge of Incoterms and commercial invoice requirements.
- Develop methods and procedures for transportation of commodities for designated shippers from local or offshore locations to warehouses, other storage facilities or final consignee locations.
- Prepare timely management information and reports as specified and requested by Branch Manager.
- Negotiate shipping rates and submit to Branch Manager for approval when necessary to be competitive.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other co-load carriers.
- Prepare customs entries and customs bonds.
- 2-5 years operational experience in international transportation preferably with an international logistics provider.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and experience in PC, spreadsheets and databases (Excel and Word) applications.
- CargoWise One experience
- Dangerous Goods Certification
- USDA and/or FDA experience
- Break bulk cargo experience
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations as they relate to primary services provided (i.e. Customs, Security, other import & export government agencies that regulate international trade)-
Noatum Logistics (formerly MIQ Logistics) Overview
To serve the surging demands of our customers worldwide, Noatum Logistics is enhancing our global supply chain capabilities. Join our growing team of professionals as we strengthen and expand our core international supply chain services. We are a growing global logistics company with exciting career opportunities in international forwarding, supply chain management, technology, business development, and many more. With operations in North America, Latin America, Asia and Europe, Noatum Logistics provides you significant opportunities to enhance your career. As you gain experience, develop new skills and take on greater responsibilities, Noatum Logistics offers you the opportunity to grow with us.
Noatum Logistics is a leading provider of supply chain management and global logistics services in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Over the years, our business has seen many changes. What has not changed is our steadfast commitment to service excellence and improving our customers' bottom-line performance.
Along with our global network partners, we provide services in and between all major international trade lanes. With the support of our thousands of logistics professionals, this infrastructure can deliver seamless end-to-end supply chain solutions around the world. Noatum Logistics employees understand that customer service is our priority and at its best when built on a relationship of trust and a thorough understanding of our customers' business. We firmly believe we have the best talent in the industry working on our accounts.
To learn more about Noatum Logistics (MIQ): www.miq.com, www.noatumlogistics.com.