This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Sales Executive II – Midwest Region
Founded in 1978, Vanguard Logistics Services is the industry leading neutral freight consolidation service, offering forwarders and customers (of all sizes) the world's largest and most capable owned LCL end-to-end network. With unparalleled schedule integrity and industry-leading information technology applications, Vanguard has been steadily expanding its reach ever since. With over 120 owned offices spread across more than 30 countries and employing over 3,000 people, Vanguard Logistics offers service every week to more than 100 countries.
There's a lot in a name - the word "vanguard" means "forefront", and it is at the forefront of the industry where we've always been and intend to stay. We could not be where we are today without our valuable employees. We strive to pay competitively and offer excellent benefits (including health insurance, paid time off, company paid holidays, and more). Please join our team of bright and talented individuals!
We currently seek a full-time Sales Executive II to manage our outside sales function. The position would ideally be positioned within the Tennessee, Ohio, Kentucky or Indiana areas. This position will require frequent travel to assigned territories.
As a Sales Executive II, you will be responsible for overseeing a set customer base, with the task of securing new accounts/business within the territory. You will achieve this by researching and identifying needs through BI reporting, preparing timely service agreements and quotes.
When applying for this position, please reference Sales Executive II – Midwest Region in the subject line of your email to us and attach your resume.
There will not be visa sponsorship nor relocation assistance available for this position.
Primary responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Achieves sales quota for assigned territory through a needs based consultative selling approach.
- Develops sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts, building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations
- Maintains accurate and timely communication with both internal and external customers.
- Utilizes BI reporting tools to identify growth opportunities in existing customer base.
- Actively promotes web tools and value added services.
- Negotiates contract rates and other service agreements with new and/or existing clients.
- Submits reports accurately and within the required timeframe.
- Ensures travel territories are visited regularly within assigned region.
- Minimum 2-5 years in a high volume environment, with logistics selling experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and self manage time to achieve multiple priorities.
- Team player who is detail and goal oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that will adapt to suit recipients.
- Professional in all interactions with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to analyze data and able to multi-task
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel by car, train, bus or air to branches and customer locations
- Strong Microsoft office skills, Excel in particular.
- Minimum High School Diploma (B.A. or B.S. Degree preferred)