Air Import Specialist
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a full complement of international freight forwarding services. For 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services to the world. With more than 29,000 employees and 396 locations globally, we are one of Europe's largest and well-known logistics providers.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a knowledgeable Air Import Specialist to join its Atlanta Office located in East Point, GA. This position will support DACHSER USA's air import activities.
- Coordinate and monitor highly critical air freight import shipments end to end.
- Proactively communicate disruptions.
- Insure shipments are picked up and flown as booked from origin locations around the world.
- Manage and execute the flow of information and documents for each process.
- Track and input arrival and customs clearance statuses.
- Arrange final mile delivery.
- Insure SOP and tariff compliance along with best practices and efficiencies.
- Troubleshoot air import shipments.
Requirements of the position include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- 3 years freight forwarding experience, air import preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with rate card interpretation.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Regular, direct interaction with customers by phone and email.
- Professional demeanor, excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.