Job Title:Security and Operational Resilience, TSA Program Screening Specialist
Job Location: Dallas, TX
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world's leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Overall Role Purpose
- Provide support to the DGF TSA Program through live in-person observation anytime TSA cargo is being screened to identify in real time, improper screening techniques and other instances of TSA non-compliance in order to help prevent improperly screened air cargo from being offered to air transportation
- Conduct live, in person observation of DGF TSA cargo screening taking place at the assigned DGF Certified Cargo Screening Facility (CCSF)
- Ensure that DGF Screeners adhere to all TSA cargo screening protocols/regulations
- Ensure DGF Screeners use clean sample media to screen cargo and do not exceed TSA regulations regarding the number of swipes that may be applied to a given sample swab.
- Ensure that DGF Screeners conduct the proper number of swipes, according to TSA regulation, using sample media
- Ensure sample media is correctly inserted into the ETD machine for analysis
- Ensure proper TSA screened stickers are affixed to screened cargo
- Ensure no unscreened cargo mistakenly leaves the designated cargo screening area
- Ensure that all alarms are resolved following TSA Alarm Resolution regulations
- Ensure all logs are accurately executed
- Ensure DGF Screeners take a fifteen (15) minute break following every sixty (60) minutes of screening
- Collaborate with the Sec/OR Facility Security Coordinator (FSC) to effectuate best performance
- Ensure that the FSC is notified of all alarms, problems and issues surrounding screening activity, and in and around the designated screening area
- Ensure that all Tamper Evident Technology (TET) is appropriately used, stored and accounted for.
- Ensure that no unauthorized personnel enter the Designated Screening Area (DSA), disrupt screeners, screening operations or cargo handling procedures in the DSA.
- Ensure that no screening instructions, advice or suggestions are passed to screeners by warehouse personnel (non- screeners), that might cause them to deviate from specific issued screening instructions they have been provided.
- Ensure that orderly screening procedures are being conducted by screener personnel andthat while screening activity is on-going, no personal activities (e.g. use of mobile devices) that might distract the screeners from their duties is taking place
- Must successfully complete a Security Threat Assessment (STA) by TSA
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to receive IACSSP Change 6A training and demonstrate complete understanding of same
- Must be able to receive CCSP training Modules 1-3 and 4-6; and successfully pass the related testing with a score of 85% or higher
- Must be able to receive Explosives Trace Detection (ETD) training, to include ETD manufacture's operating manuals, ETD safety, sampling techniques, alarm resolution procedures and records/logs requirements and successfully pass related training with a score of 85% or higher
- Must be able to receive X-ray screening training and successfully pass related training with a score of 85% or higher
- Must be able to successfully conduct On-the-Job Training (OJT), which includes screening a minimum of 100 pieces of aircargo correctly and recording this activity in a training log
- Ensure compliance with TSA chain-of-custody methods
- Ensure TSA required procedures and verification processes are followed for screened cargo
Education & Experience Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship as security clearance is required for TSA program.
- High school degree is mandatory.College degree is preferable or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Criminal Justice, Business Administration or Paralegal studies are a plus.
- Proficiency in English (read, write, and speak)
Skills / Qualifications
- High degree of integrity
- Ability to multi-task and perform under high stress conditions
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and systematic problem solving
- Basic knowledge of the security environment (risk/safety environment)
- Working knowledge of IT based systems and ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its employees, society and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
- Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
- 401K plan with a match
- Employee Discount plan
- Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world's leading logistics company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.