Inside Sales Associate (In House, Compton, CA)
Inside Sales Associate (In House, Compton, CA)
About our Company:
In business for over 62 years, Aloha Freight is the premier freight forwarder to and from the Hawaiian Islands. We are looking for a National Sales Director in the Los Angeles area. Aloha Freight offers competitive compensation, along with Health, Dental and Vision Insurance with no premium cost. Aloha Freight also sponsors a pension plan, a bonus plan, and a sales volume incentive plan. If you want to be part of a dedicated, energetic, and friendly team, Aloha Freight Forwarders is where you need to be!
The Inside Sales Associate is responsible for a variety of inside sales qualifying and administrative responsibilities. The Associate will support the Vice President of Sales to provide sales support for multiple client accounts with the goal of margin growth and retention within and across all Aloha Freight accounts. This position engages in conversation with new, existing and potential clients, effectively qualifies the opportunity and sells Aloha Freight services. The Associate documents and communicates results, generates and distributes sales leads and positions Aloha Freight's premier services.
This position is responsible for supporting revenue growth and contributing in the development and execution of business development on behalf of the sales organization.
- Support Sales by generating revenue and margin growth through contacting customers via phone, qualifying the client, providing them with supporting service materials, supporting onboarding of new accounts and providing administrative support.
- Inputting complete and accurate client information details within Aloha Freight operating system. Making timely and daily updates to the operating system.
- Support the assignment of newly created customer accounts.
- Review and qualify incoming requests for price quotes to determine new account opportunities.
- Routine interaction with the Sales and Pricing organization to align efforts, share leads and account intelligence necessary to close new business and grow existing business.
- Integrate and educate clients on Aloha Freight service offering advantages, including service KPI's and technology solutions.
- Assist National Sales Director in the development of customer proposals and presentations.
- Support sales performance reporting as scheduled and required.
- Support maintenance and update of customer rate files and communicate with customers on General Rate Increases (GRI's).
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Highly motivated and goal oriented, with a confident, energetic, positive attitude.
- Good general knowledge of the freight forwarding, logistics, and transportation industry.
- 2 years experience in freight forwarding or related sales or support roles.
- Successful experience working in an entrepreneurial business environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, proficient in producing sales presentations, and data driven business conclusions.
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing preferred; a combination of education and relevant sales experience will be considered.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk; hear; stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and be able to lift up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. This position will require the ability to use a computer, including a mouse, keyboard and monitor, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to working near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. Aloha Freight Forwarders, Inc. reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Aloha Freight Forwarders is an EEO/AA employer.