Diesel Mechanic - Top Pay & Benefits!
LOCATION: Evansville, IN
Walt's Drive-A-Way Service, LLC is a profitable and stable company. We are an Evansville, IN based carrier with terminals in Evansville, IN and St. Louis, MO. Walt's is a family owned business that has continued to grow in size and reputation since 1976. We treat all of our employees as One of the Family!
**One (1) year of experience is required!**
To provide assistance in providing a safe and reliable fleet of vehicles by performing quality preventive maintenance, detailed inspections as well as performing expert diagnosis and repairs as required to prevent breakdowns on the road, reduce vehicle down time and improve total fleet reliability.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and REQUIREMENTS:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, replace and complete all required repairs on all diesel tractors.
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards pertaining to the shop and fleet.
- Must have excellent communication skills; able to communicate with co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts accountability.
- Handle road service calls; perform road service repairs on equipment as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the shop computer system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with workplace safety rules and regulations and government guidelines.
- Maintain parts inventory and proper record keeping.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel as needed.
- Willingness to assume increased responsibility and certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
These job duties and responsibilities in no way imply that they are the only job duties and responsibilities. They are only major highlights.
- Mechanical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Commercial Driver's License preferred, but not required.
- ASE certification preferred but not required.