As an Account Executive, Brokerage Sales you will have responsibility to successfully initiate and develop business
opportunities with new and existing customers. The Account Executive will develop and manage their individual customer
portfolio and work in a team environment. Business is generated through inside and outside transactional sales by way of
prospecting, referrals, and business to business selling.
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential Brokerage customers to meet or exceed
- Gain and maintain access to decision-makers via a disciplined and structured prospecting regimen, including cold calling,
networking, attending tradeshows, and social media.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
- Prepare estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
- Adjust sales scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals.
- Take the lead in negotiating and closing deals by uncovering and addressing objections / concerns from the customer.
- Achieve defined transactional sales goals and development standards required to attain the next level of career
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the customer's business model and their unique challenges.
- Manage accounts to retain existing relationships and grow share of Brokerage business.
- Establish relationships with customers with freight spend less than 25 million.
- Work with the Brokerage team to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support to customers.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
Internal Business Partnerships:
- Leverage operational support while working within a team to continually improve the efficiency of overall book of
- Collaborate with the Brokerage team on pricing decisions, supplier selection and timing
- Accurately track growth opportunities through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
- Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into Mercury Gate.
- Continually analyze Brokerage accounts to determine efficiency and profitability.
- Take the lead in communicating direction and progress / status of Brokerage deals to senior leadership.
- At least 2 years sales experience in 3PL and/or Brokerage is required with proven track record in generating profitable revenue growth and retaining
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Strong written/ verbal communication skills required
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Ability to learn new concepts, products, and services
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Persistent, persuasive and able to overcome objections with the ability to be a good listener
- Demonstrated sales aptitude with relentlessly high standards
- Attention to detail and confident decision making skills
- Must have strong problem solving skills and the ability to think and respond quickly to sales & service issues
- Must have strong presentation skills and the ability to handle negotiations
- Ability to connect and build rapport / relationships with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske
employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain
information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South
America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading
companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation,
warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.