Provides support to the Transportation Manager in the day-to-day operations of the transportation department.
- Monitor and control all Telogis/On Board Computer and log reports.
- Monitor and control attendance policy and scheduling.
- Maintain positive employee relations.
- Communicate and cooperate with all supervisors and department heads. Keep manager apprised of any problems or potential problems.
- Work with manager on routing to reduce miles.
- Work with manager in securing all potential backhauls.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Train and supervise drivers.
- Conduct accident and injury investigations, complete timely, detailed reports and give to the Safety Manager. Help to prevent accidents and injury's through the SYGMA Safe processes.
- Insure DOT compliance including driver logs, route weights and trip reporting.
- Provide back up support to driver position; safely and efficiently transport product from warehouse to various customers and properly unloads the product according to customer invoices.
- Maintain accident file and records.
- Monitor and coach driver performance.