Customs House Brokerage Manager
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For over 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs over 29,000 people worldwide in 396 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Customs House Brokerage Manager to join its Boston Office located in Chelsea, MA. This position will support all facets of DACHSER USA's daily operations of Customs House Brokerage.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Works to maintain full compliance and adherence with US Customs Brokerage Regulations.
- Monitors and ensures team's performance in line with DACHSER's compliance policy and department goals.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the Entry Writers within the department.
- Communicates and conducts regular training with Brokerage Department based on new regulations and policies of DACHSER.
- Provides clear instruction to team to ensure timely and orderly file flow including release, billing, and auditing of file prior to statement date.
- Conducts regular entry audits to ensure accuracy of documents and correct submission to US Customs.
- Maintains communications with customers, various government agencies and other DACHSER offices.
- Manages the Customs House Brokerage Department staff, including performance management & career development.
Requirements of the position include:
- Valid Customs Brokerage License required.
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- 7 years of experience working as an Entry Writer with progressive management responsibility preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Customs Regulations.
- Robust analytical and problem solving skills.
- Stellar team-building, planning, and organizational skills with proven reliability.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service while adhering to US laws and regulations as well as company policy. Position will interact with customers by phone, email and in-person frequently.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.