Position: Global Head of GIL Network Compliance Centers (NCCs) Location: TBD
Reporting To: VP, Global QEHSS Duration: Full Time
The Global Head of GIL NCCs is a new leadership role to develop and commercialize Agility's Global Trade Manager (GTM) software solution. This role will provide trade export and import compliance subject matter expertise and support the creation of our go to market strategy, organizational structure and the deployment of the trade compliance application. The Global Head will work with key Agility stakeholders in the delivery of an integrated (e.g.; resources, processes and tools) solution that supports our trade compliance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Global Management of the Trade Compliance Ecosystem: Oversee the development, management and evolution of GIL's Network Compliance Centers (NCCs). Advance the development of GIL's Brokerage Product and provide guidance, direction and training on the utilization of the GTM solution and relevant Customer and Internal Operating Procedures (COPs/IOPs).
- Commercialization: Develop and execute business development strategy, including target customer segments, competitive positioning, value proposition, sales process, etc.
- Stakeholder Management: Bridge the communication gap between business interests and technical decisions when working with key commercial and operations stakeholders and senior management. Assist in the development, and communication of, the software's vision, as well as roadmap of required features and supporting training materials.
- Identifying and Translating Business Needs: Help design the future trade compliance (export and import) processes and technology solution - providing "next level" details and turning them into business requirements/user stories. Collaborate with export and import compliance trade compliance resources, as well as members of other functional organizations (e.g.; Sales, Product, Operations, IT), in the coordinating of specifications and to ensure the system is being developed in an integrated fashion.
- Data and Information Review and Validation: Leads as well as plays an active role in the ongoing review and validation of trade compliance content (e.g.; HS codes, export control numbers, commercial documents, license requirements, DG/Hazmat classifications), keep up to date on new and/or anticipated standards and regulatory requirements and work with the team to incorporate those standards and requirements into our processes and systems.
- Product Demonstrations: Conduct periodic software review sessions (e.g. monthly) to gather stakeholder feedback and make sure the software operates per agreed requirements and is used as intended.
- 5-10 years of experience in export/import compliance, with a strong understanding of the complex transactional processes and technologies used in the freight forwarding industry.
- Experience in customs and trade compliance regulations and government security administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of product classifications, documentation and license requirements, tariffs and related customs information.
- Hands-on experience using local or enterprise wide customs applications and supporting processes (e.g.;customs filing).
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience required; MBA/Masters in the same/equivalent preferred.
- Strong process orientation and analytical skills- ability to analyze and document requirements.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology and principles; experience participation in Agile initiatives is preferred, but not essential.
- Ability to drive projects and timelines and work under pressure.
- Accustomed to working in fast-paced and dynamic environments.
- Positive "can-do" attitude.
- High integrity, objectivity, and independency.
- Excellent research, data validation and information analysis skills.
- Strong soft skills - communication, collaboration, team work, cultural sensitivity Problem solving with a proactive approach.
- Team player with ability to work with cross-functional, cross cultural teams and all levels of management.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally at a high frequency - expect a minimum of one week of travel a month.
TIME & TRAVEL COMMITMENTS
Minimum travel of up to 25% to attend workshops and various meetings.
English: this position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment and on all levels.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position will be defined. However, the position will require beyond normal working hours to support business needs due to team locations in different time zones.