Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Customer Service & Logistics
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you'll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working "from farm to shelf," you'll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
Broad Function and Scope of the Position
- Support the development of an unbiased and unconstrained forecast over a 24-month horizon for one or more brands/segments.
- Leverage the demand planning tools & systems to anchor the forecast with a statistical baseline and utilize event modelling to enrich the baseline with new information based on aligned planning assumptions.
- Track and reconcile key planning assumptions (Trade, A&C, Innovation, or other), ensuring that there is consistency between the documented assumptions and the underlying causal data being used in forecast event modelling (e.g. Trade Spend assumption is consistent with Promotional Event detail).
- Support forecast scenarios for different spend levels (different assumptions); provide historical category performance perspective and ensure linkage back to annual planning assumptions
- Identify and assess risks & opportunities to revenue plan and support analysis on gap closure options
- Support deep dive analyses on brand performance issues as per Demand Review requirements
- Provide insights related to shipment /consumption / inventory in the market and implications to the forecast.
- Monitor in-market innovation performance vs. targets (Revenue and Consumption). Recommend corrective business action, and adjust forecasts as needed.
- Provide commentary on actual performance vs. forecast, explaining differences according to key planning assumptions (what assumptions where right, what assumptions were wrong).
- Ensure that the demand plan is as accurate as possible at all levels down to Item/Location, leveraging segmentation to focus effort on the most important / impactful items.
- Accountable for delivering ongoing reduction in forecast error and positive Forecast Value Add.
Cross-functional collaboration on inputs and planning assumptions
- Track & reconcile key planning inputs to ensure consistency between planning assumptions and the underlying statistical event modelling.
- Support IBP process steps in the monthly process to continuously update and validate planning assumptions, such as Pre-Demand Review and Demand Review.
- Leverage planning tools to translate planning inputs into a sales forecast in both volume and value, anchored in statistical best practices
- Review and drive improvement plans for forecast error and forecast value add KPI's
- Provide a forecast of both shipments and consumption, with implications to category growth and market share
- Ensure that the aggregate forecast and the operational SKU level forecast are consistent & in agreement.
- Provide insights and commentary on actual performance vs. forecast at brand/segment levels, and for innovation launches.
- Provide insights and commentary on the relationship between shipments and consumption and implications to trade inventory levels.
- Identify risks and opportunities to the forecast
- Brand Manager: Regular collaboration on planning assumptions, risks & opportunities, and development of scenarios.
- Sales Planning / Revenue Management: Reconciling top-line Trade assumptions with bottom-up detail embedded in CPW to ensure that the right events and trade promotions are being modeled.
- Insights & Analytics: Alignment on category assumptions, identification of risks & opportunities, and gathering of inputs such as competitive impact.
- Supply Planning: Communicating the latest forecast assumptions, areas of uncertainty, risks, opportunities.
Bachelor's Degree (4 Year)
Planning Experience (Sales, Demand, Supply) (Min 3 years)
Project Management (Min 1 year)
Proficiency with Excel, SAS, and other analytical tools.
Demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of data / multiple inputs and synthesize
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and act with a strong sense of urgency
Demonstrated ability to interact with executives
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.