Join us as a Millwright & Maintenance Mechanic in our Kansas City, KS facility. As a member of our organization you will be a key partner to operations, quality food & Safety, environmental health and safety personnel. You will bring out the best in food while being a passionate team player who loves performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and fixing production equipment. Snack on this!!
What is 1"x1" and first produced in 1921? Cheez-It, the #1 cracker! Be part of something great by joining our Kansas City facility where you'll represent over 400 employees as our Millwright & Maintenance Mechanic in this Union facility that produces over 137 million pounds of Cheez-Its a year. Our employees at the Kansas City bakery have a high level of pride, and they should! They have been producing great food since 1883! Are you ready to hear about our Square Roots?
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Preventative Maintenance - Responding to equipment break downs in a timely manner using hand tools and industrial shop equipment to perform job assignments.
- The Daily Grind - Performing troubleshooting, repairs, and preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment. Welding Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and other common metals using MIG, TIG & Stick Welding. Cutting & Fabricating Metal, Lexan, UHMW Polyethylene and other common materials
- Following best practices - Reading, analyzing and following engineering drawings. Demonstrating the ability to communicate technical subjects verbally and written to co-workers and vendors. Following all safety and GMP requirements
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- High School Diploma or General Equivalence Degree
- Previous Millwright experience
- Previous welding experience
- Basic computer skills and the ability to use the system appropriate to record work orders
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Sitting, standing, walking, lifting and / or repetitive tasks throughout the day. Employee will be required to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Previous experience working in a food manufacturing plant
- Previous experience in a high speed manufacturing environment
It's best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn't want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more about what's next, click on one of the links below:
New Hire Benefits Guide
Kellogg Stories and News
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link .
GROW With Us.