Production Associate I- needed!
As one of the largest North American industrial distributors of maintenance and construction products, HD Supply's key to success has always been our associates. Come be a part of our collaborative, innovative, fast-paced team, where meaningful work, professional development, competitive pay and benefits support our culture of wellness. Let's get to work - together. Join the HD Supply family today!
Shift: Monday - Friday, 4 am or 5 am shift
Location: 550 Lakeside Pkwy Suite C, Flower Mound, TX 75028
HD Supply Offers:
- Monday - Friday Schedule
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day)
- Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for performing all tasks involved in the production of products, including stretch cord, metal, and wood. Performs one or more repetitive jobs on an assembly line or sub-assembly line to produce and assemble products.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Works on processes, including the insertion of materials, clamping, fitting parts, and use of some hand tools. May cut metal frames, wood, paper, etc. to specific dimensions as required by fabrication spec sheet. May align layout marks with die and blade, position materials being joined to ensure proper fit and finish. Uses a tape measure to determine length cuts, read work order spec sheets and double check measurements for accuracy.
- Performs bench-type processes to complete material assemblies and sub-assemblies using hand tools and electronic and pneumatic tools as required.
- Attaches appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Packs finished goods into correct packages and boxes goods using assigned packing materials. Places finished goods on designated pallet.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements. Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follows prescribed safety regulations and performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines.
- Notifies supervisor of any mechanical, material, or safety issues.
- Follows standard work methods, standard operating procedures, and job aides. Practices safe work habits to ensure production safety and efficiency.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience with machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance. Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience reading a tape measure or other measurement devices.
- Familiarity with converting decimal to fractions.
- May be required to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends as needed.
Job ID 2019-34875
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Manufacturing
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 75028
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.